Madrid, September 2011
The Castilla del Oro Foundation, lands in Spain with a new project, more precisely in Huelva (Andévalo Hill). For this reason we invite you to learn the history, customs and life in general of this place in old Europe, in which the La Castilla del Oro Foundation takes on a new challenge: develop what its driver, engineer Richard Fifer – Carles calls Second Generation Social Responsibility.
In the privileges granted to Seville by Ferdinand III and Alfonso X -”… as waters run in Guadalcarranque and… Zufre, Aracena, Alfayat del Campo, Almonaster, Cortegana … “(AMADOR DE LOS RIOS, 1983) – it appears that Alfayat del Campo that, by its order in enumeration and geographic ordering that the text follows, it suggests that it may be identified with Cerca Alta in the vicinity of what is today Cerro de Andévalo (PEREZ ROLDAN, FUNES AND LORCA, 1987).
The A.M.E.C. documentation allows, thanks to the place names of the fields, locate this fort, but with the name of Castillejo, which also uses the municipal terminology of El Cerro for many other places.
In Don Jacinto Marquez’s will, a native of El Cerro, who lived between 1675 and 1753, reaching political relevance, the following farms are recorded: Juradilla Lands, Umbria del Castillo and fenced immediately, Umbria of Castillejo, olive post; the Carrinchosas, Jaroso, Tejoneras … among others, which are of no interest now.
This Castillejo, with shade of olive trees, can be identified with current place names near Cerca Alta because by defining the town preserves appears sometimes as “Port of the enclosure of the heirs of Jacinto Márquez” and others as “Puerto de la Peña del Castillejo” between the same two consecutive landmarks.
The fort has an interior perimeter of 350 meters inside their north-south axis and east-west measure 77 and 88 m, respectively. The wall’s width composed of pieces of basic rocks, which sometimes have considerable weight, often reach more than two meters, and according to the need for fortification, more than three meters high.
Among the potsherds collected this exhibition highlights prima visu Jewish crosses to the seal.